COOP RENTAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Rent a Coop is not responsible for any damages or injuries caused by the renting or buying of our chickens or chicken coops.
- The Rental Fee is $240 for the first 4 weeks and $165 each month thereafter. If you would like the coop delivered, a delivery fee of $1 per mile round trip is applied to your invoice. If delivered, Rent A Coop will also pick up the package for free once your rental period is over. Customers are welcome to pick up their own coops from our location, but if picked up, must return them as well or incur a fee of $2 per mile one way. If picked up and returned, no additional fees will be charged.
- Rental coops are supplied with 2 egg-laying hens, enough bedding and feed for the initial rental period as well as water and feed bowls. If you decide to extend your rental period, you are responsible for picking up additional feed and bedding from our location, unless you would like it delivered, in which case a delivery fee of $1 per mile round trip will apply. If you decide to purchase your own feed and bedding for the extension, no discount will be given off of the 4 week extension price.
- If you decide you would like to keep the coop after your rental period is over, 50% of the Rental Fee can be used toward the purchase price. The delivery fee is not part of the Rental Fee however 50% of any fees for additional hens will be applied. 50% of the rental fee will only be applied to the purchase of the hens if the coop is purchased as well, otherwise we'd be giving out free hens at the end of every rental :)
- The customer is responsible for maintaining the health and well-being of the chickens. The chickens must always have access to clean water. In weather over 90 degrees, the chicken coop must be kept in a shaded area. We recommend moving the coop to a new location every 3-4 days and changing the bedding once a week. The hens love to wander around the yard while out of the coop. We recommend letting them out for at least an hour a day. If the hens are out of the coop, someone must also be outside with them and supervise.
- Should the hens die of accident or misadventure (e.g. dog attack while out in the garden) or escape and be lost, there will be a $40 charge per hen. If you would like the hen to be replaced, you can pick up a replacement hen yourself, or we can deliver a replacement hen to you for $1 per mile round trip.
- RentACoop does not guarantee that the hens will lay an egg every day- they lay less in the autumn and winter- and laying is not always consistent.
- The rental coop must be returned in a good, rent-able condition which will be determined by our Rent a Coop staff. Your coop will be assessed once it is returned, and a fair fee will be applied if there is any damage done to thecoop. This fair fee cannot be contested, and it will be determined by a RentACoop staff member.
- The customer is solely responsible for assuring that they meet any local and county regulations regardign the keeping of chickens on their property.
- RentACoop and/or it's owners are not responsible for any injury or death that might occur from the renting or buying of our coops or hens.
Chick Hatching Terms and Conditions
- If any of the items included in the Chick Hatching Program (Water Bowl, Feed Bowl, Heat Lamp, Heat Bulb, Brooder Cage and Incubator) are damaged in any way, The customer will be responsible for any repairs or reorders.
- The cage must be cleaned at least once a week. If any bedding or feed gets wet, it must be changed immediately.
- You must wash your hands before and after handling the chicks or the eggs.
- If you decide to pick up instead of having the program delivered, you must return the package at the end of the rental period or incur a $2 per mile one way fee to your location.
- RentACoop and it's owners are not responsible for any injury or death that may occur during or after the renting of our Chick Hatching Program or purchase of our chicks or fertile eggs.
Buying Terms and Conditions
- RentACoop is not responsible for any damages or injuries caused by the renting or buying of our chickens or chicken coop.
- The RentACoop package is $675 and you receive a chicken coop/tractor, 2 egg laying hens, feed and water bowls and a 50lb bag of organic feed.
- Additional hens can be purchased for $40.
- RentACoop cannot guarantee that the hens will lay an egg every single day- they lay less in the autumn and winter- and laying is not always constant.
- If you would like the coop delivered, a delivery fee of $1 per mile round trip will be applied to your invoice. Customers are welcome to pick up their own coops from our location to avoid the delivery fee.
- The customer is solely responsible for assuring that they meet any local and county regulations relating to keeping chickens on their property.